July 4th is a time for celebration, fireworks, backyard pool parties, and barbecues. You want guests at your pool party to have a great day and go home when the party is over feeling happy and satisfied. At Goodall Pools & Spas, we have some tips that will help ensure a great July 4 th pool party.
1) Get the pool ready. No one likes to swim in a pool with green water, a pool with leaves and other debris floating on top and dirt accumulated on the bottom. Even if the water is clear and the pool clean, you do not want your guests to have red, burning eyes and itchy skin when they get out of the pool. So, before your party, vacuum the pool and have the water professionally tested to ensure that the water is balanced. Give your pool party guests a day to remember as one filled with fun.
2) Prepare the surrounding area. In addition to getting the pool in shape for swimming, prepare the surrounding area: mow the grass, trim the bushes, sweep the patio. Consider adding container plants to add beauty to the backyard scene.
3) July 4th pool party decorations. Red, white, and blue are the colors of the day. You can use plastic streamers in these colors to put in the pool to act as lane dividers for those who want to race. You can provide red, white, or blue floating pool loungers. Plates, cups, and tablecloths can follow the July 4 th color scheme.
4) Be sure decorative lights are safe. Bistro lights strung in trees and plants outside add to the beauty of the festive occasion. Be diligent and take precautions to be sure all outdoor outlets are GFCIs (Ground Fault Circuit Protectors). Do not string lights over the pool no matter how attractive they may seem. A light falling into a pool can cause severe shocks to those in the pool and even result in electrocution.
5) Keep children safe. Approximately 17 children drown every July 4th. Don’t let this happen in your backyard. Consider hiring a lifeguard, or at least assign adults a shift of watching the children in the pool. Make sure they all know that when someone is in danger of drowning, they bob silently up and down in the pool. They do not flail their arms and scream as often portrayed in the movies or on television.
For help in getting your pool ready for the event, contact us at Goodall Pools & Spas. We are “the experts in everything pools and spas.” Our certified pool experts will provide premier service in getting your pool ready for your July 4 th pool party.