You may have discovered that a swim spa can provide you the benefits of both a swimming pool and a hot tub all in one package: smaller than a swimming pool but larger than a hot tub. A swim spa provides the ability to truly swim year-round even in our cold weather climate. You may be interested in one but are concerned about maintenance. At Goodall Pools & Spas, we can set your mind at ease. A Hydropools Swim Spa which is the only self-cleaning swim spa in the world, may be your answer.
Is a Self-Cleaning Spa Really Self-Cleaning?
Many homeowners are familiar with self-cleaning ovens. They do a pretty good job but still require some attention. That may be slightly true of a self-cleaning swim spa. Even so, you may be surprised about how little effort it is to care for your swim spa. A Hydropools self-cleaning spa:
- Keeps the water clean. The filtration system circulates thousands of gallons of water several times a day to filter out body oils and other impurities.
- Keeps the floor of the swim-spa vacuumed. The dirt and grit that would usually settle on the floor of the swim-spa are removed by the self-cleaning filtration system.
- Takes care of the need to frequently skim the water. The filtration system pushes debris toward a high-flow skimmer.
The swim spa is ready for use whenever you are ready to use it. The time you save on maintenance gives you more time to exercise and relax.
There Must be Something I Need to Do!
There are a few suggestions for helping your self-cleaning swim spa be as self-cleaning as possible:
Weekly you will need to:
- Test the water to be sure the chemicals are at the proper level
- Remove and clean the filter. Spraying it with a garden hose is sufficient.
- Remove and clean the skimmer basket.
- Test the alkalinity and pH. Add chemicals if necessary.
- Clean the stainless-steel controls.
Consult the manufacturer’s guidebook for other simple periodic maintenance suggestions.
Suggestions for Users
To keep the water as clean as possible, swim spa users should:
- Avoid wearing oils or creams in the swim spa.
- Make a common-sense judgment about the purity of the water. If it appears hazy or to have a film, add the proper chemicals.
- Keep chemicals in stock and handy, ready to add to the swim spa when necessary.
Contact us at Goodall Pools & Spas for more information about a self-cleaning swim spa.