Two-thirds of people around the world make New Year’s resolutions. One resolution at the top of the list is to get more exercise. At Goodall Pools & Spas, we can help you keep that resolution by working with you to either build the backyard swimming pool of your dreams or make sure the pool you already have is ready to open in the spring.
Resolutions You Can Keep for Building or Remodeling Your Pool
Now is the time to start planning for your backyard pool and the surrounding atmosphere.
- Ask yourself how you want the landscaping to look. If the area is already landscaped, are there changes you would like to make?
- Decide whether you want a saltwater pool or one that uses traditional chlorine. If you already have a chlorine pool, you may want to switch it over to salt.
- Determine if you need a new liner for your pool or if you need any other type of renovation done.
Resolutions You Can Keep for Opening Your Pool Early
If you have your pool prepared for opening in the spring, you can get more annual swimming time and can extend the season by one or two months. Some resolutions to make so you can make this happen include:
- Evaluate what new equipment you need or upgrades you may want to add. Check your pump and your filter system. At Goodall Pools & Spas, we have some great energy-saving equipment that realistically can save you the cost of your investment within just one or two years.
- Through 2020, one of our local electric companies will have a program that offers customers a substantial rebate on upgrades to energy-efficient equipment.
- Installing energy-efficient heat pumps will extend the swimming season by at least one month and likely more.
- April is the ideal time to open your pool. It can be a mistake to wait until Memorial Day to open. There will likely be several warm days between April and the end of May, which can result in the growth of algae.
If you open between the middle of April and the first part of May, you will spend less money on chemicals because you will not be playing “clean-up” and typically the mild temperatures mean you will not go through as many chemicals as you do at the height of pool season.
At Goodall Pools & Spas, we offer pool openings as well as pool care through our Prestige Pool Maintenance Program. For assistance with all your pool needs in the New Year, or if you are planning on building a pool in 2020, contact us at Goodall Pools & Spas. Let’s make this the best year yet for your swimming pool!