Spas are widely used throughout the world because of their restorative, relaxing benefits. At Goodall Pools & Spas, we help our customers in Dauphin County enjoy this tried and true wellness feature from the comfort of their own homes. From the purchasing stage through ongoing maintenance, our specialists at Goodall Pools & Spas will help you enjoy your spa to its fullest potential for many years to come.
What are the benefits of spas?
There is plenty of well-documented research asserting the capacity of spas to enhance the quality of life for their users. From hydrotherapy to quality time with loved ones, spas provide a unique opportunity for reconnection in your body and mind. Here are just a few of the ways spas benefit their users.
- Relief from muscle and joint pain. A spa’s water jets soothe stiff, inflamed muscles and joints with a targeted massage. The result is reduced pain which, in turn, helps users engage in more rigorous physical activity more often.
- Stress relief. Stress from home, work, and life in general can take a significant toll on your body and mind. The warm, rolling water helps combat that stress by stimulating the production of the “feel good” chemicals, serotonin and dopamine, in your brain.
- Boosted immunity. Raising your body’s temperature to mild perspiration levels is an effective way to help battle virus reproduction. Through a spa regimen, you help keep viruses like the common cold and flu at bay.
- Improved sleep. A study published in the Journal of Anthropological Applied Human Science suggests that by soaking in a spa about an hour before bed, you can fall asleep faster, move around less while sleeping, and achieve deeper REM sleep.
- Quality time with loved ones. Most spas are designed to accommodate multiple people because manufacturers understand how well they support connection with other people. By inviting loved ones into your hot tub, you give them a chance to experience the same relaxation which, in turn, makes it easier to reconnect with them.
How do people fit spas in their homes?
There are multiple strategies people use when incorporating spas into their homes. First of all, spas can fit in both indoor and outdoor environments. In Dauphin County, you may choose to install your spa outside on your deck or patio so you can enjoy a comfortable soak even during winter weather.
Some spa owners choose to install their hot tub indoors. If that is your preference, you will need to examine certain characteristics of your home to see if your spa will fit. Specifically, you will need to measure doorways to see if it will fit through and determine if the floor you want to put it on is strong enough to support the spa’s weight.
At Goodall Pools & Spas Dauphin County, we carry above-ground spas which means that they do not require any special plumbing installation. All it takes is a garden hose to fill these spas.
Where can I get a spa in Dauphin County?
At Goodall Pools & Spas, we sell high-quality spas from the industry’s leading manufacturers. Visit or call our store in Dauphin County today, and ask for a spa buyer’s guide. We will work with you to make sure you bring home the best spa for you. We’ll even invite you into our showroom for a test soak once you have picked out your favorite model!