The easy answer to how much it costs to build a swimming pool is, “It all depends.” There are many variables and the final cost will depend on the choices you make. At Goodall Pools & Spas, we will guide you through the process. After you make your selections, we provide you the quality of construction and installation you are looking for so you will have the backyard pool of your dreams.
Components to Choose for Construction of your New Pool
Many homeowners believe that the size and depth of the pool are the most important considerations. While these two features do affect the price, they do not affect it as much as it may seem. You may build an expensive small pool and a less expensive larger pool. Some of the other main components you must choose that will affect the cost of construction of your new pool include but are not limited to:
- Do you want an in-ground or above-ground pool?
- Materials selected. These include all items that are visible. For example, the interior of the pool may be a vinyl liner or fiberglass, or you can pick different types of coping. There are also many choices for your pool deck that can affect price.
- Pool features. Do you want to add a spa? A waterfall? A slide? A diving board?
- Elevation when the backyard is not flat. If retaining walls are needed, or other construction preparation is needed, this will add to the cost of the pool.
- Adding other backyard components. Often, the pool is just one part of the backyard improvement project. It may also include the addition of an outdoor barbecue, or even a backyard kitchen. A patio is often included in the backyard pool construction.
No matter what your choices are, remember cost is not the only consideration. When the project is completed, you want to enjoy your pool with pride, and not think “if only I had chosen…” If your budget limits you on your backyard project, start with getting the exact pool you want. Then add the kitchen, the covered patio, etc. at a later time.
At Goodall Pools & Spas, we have been constructing swimming pools for more than 50 years. We will assist you with making the best choices for your new pool. Contact us for more information.